"Forbes produced an article titled, Before Breaking The Glass Ceiling, Women Must Climb The Maternal Wall. As a mother of two boys and a proud member of the BIPOC community, this wall is stacked even higher with bricks full of workplace maternal bias, inflexible schedules, and job insecurity. Our franchisees and employees enjoy the flexibility to be available to their children while attaining financial wealth for generations to come!"
- Kia Edwards, Mompreneur
United In Motherhood
As a company that values love and inclusivity, we take a stand to support and welcome all moms, regardless of disabilities, gender identity, religion, sex, socioeconomic, marital status, and ethnic background.
We forbid any affiliation with racism, discrimination, harassment, or intimidation at FIT4MOM.
We know that real, meaningful change comes through action, and we are committing to listening, learning, and educating our franchisees, instructors, and communities nationwide on ways we can do better and impact real change in our communities.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
WHAT WE HAVE DONE:
- Expanded HQ employees’ job satisfaction and sense of belonging by offering impactful and diversity-conscious culture events quarterly
- Launched Diversity Committee, Accountability & Action commitment, and Education SMART Goals
- Launched Diversity & Inclusion Training course for all franchise owners, instructors, and HQ employees
- Launched a growing education library with 10 different Diversity & Inclusion Workshops covering various topics for all franchise owners, instructors, and HQ employees
- Created diversity and Inclusion Advocacy and Education Topics shared on FIT4MOM Social Media platforms using #F4MINCLUSIVITY
- Created Micro Lessons and Listening Sessions for all staff, instructors, and franchisees nationwide
- Fundraised, donated, and sponsored organizations including Black Mamas Matter Alliance, Black Women’s Health Imperative, and more
HOW WE WILL CONTINUE:
- Continuing to grow our education library of Diversity & Inclusion Workshops for all franchise owners, instructors, and HQ employees
- Financial Inclusivity: committed to purchasing gifts and retail items from business owners who identify as BIPOC, veteran-owned, or other identity groups in an effort to promote diverse suppliers and small business owners
- Monthly D&I and Marketing partnership where social media content and imagery educate and advocate for pre and postnatal health issues and magnify the stories and experiences of BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, and other identity groups
- More diverse representation of models that represent various races, ethnicities, ages, body types, and stages of motherhood in our marketing and retail photo and video shoots
- Continued collaborations with Military housing and communities in San Diego and across the country
- Continued fundraising, donations, and event sponsorship for DE&I organizations
Diversity and Inclusion Achievements
We are proud of our most recent accomplishments in the DE&I space!
- Anti-Racism For Wellness Professionals Workshop
- ED&I for Wellness Professionals Workshop
- Listening Session I & II
- Understanding Diversity through Identity Construction
- Creating Diversity & Inclusion in the Fitness Industry
- Launching FIT4MOM Diversity Training for new staff, instructors and franchise owners
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. fibroid awareness event sponsor
Marketing & Retail
- Sharing stories on social media featuring BIPOC + LGBTQIA+ moms
- Diversity and inclusion posts on social media a minimum of 2x monthly
- United in Motherhood apparel fundraising efforts each year where 20% of proceeds donated to Black Mamas Matter Alliance
- Sponsor of Black Maternal Health Month founded by Black Mamas Matter Alliance and make charitable contributions to
- FIT4MOM Unity Tote Donations to support Black Women’s Health Imperative
- Diverse representation of models in marketing and retail photo and video shoots
- Follow our D&I social content via hashtag #F4MINCLUSIVITY
In addition, we'd like to share some powerful resources you can use to educate yourselves and talk to your children because we believe that each day presents an opportunity to raise our children to be kind and help shape a better, more inclusive world.
- The Conscious Kid: Parenting and Education through a Critical Race Lens.
- HereWeeRead: Helping parents find diverse books, educational products, and raise curious kids.
- Watch CNN and Sesame Street Town Hall on Racism with your family: Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms takes questions along with CNN's Van Jones and Erica Hill about how to combat racism and shares a message with kids about how to make a change.
- So You Want to Talk about Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- How to be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Me and White Supremacy: a guided journal by Layla Saad
- Waking up White by Debby Irving
- Black Mamas Matter Alliance - The Black Mamas Matter Alliance advocates drives research, builds power, and shifts culture for Black maternal health, rights, and justice.
- The Black Women's Health Imperative - a national organization dedicated to improving the health and wellness of Black women and girls in the U.S. - physically, emotionally, and financially.