I can't teach you about health and not talk about poop. In fact, it's one of my favorite things to change for my clients! Your bowel movements are one of the best indicators of how happy your body is on the inside. So, let's take a look.
The Scoop On Our Poop
Your poop can help you evaluate...
- Food sensitivity
- Digestion efficiency
- Abnormal gut flora
So, what should it look like?
Here are signs of healthy digestion..
- You poop up to 3 times a day, on a regular schedule, roughly 30 minutes after a substantial meal.
- You poop approximately 12 inches of feces daily
- Your poop is well formed, easy to pass, and not foul smelling
- It is well shaped and passes easily and does not smell foul.
Signs of Unhealthy Digestion
- Fatigue after eating
- Irregular bowel movements (less than 2 movements per day)
- Foul smelling poop
So, how do we improve our poop?
- Avoid excess sugar and processed foods
- Avoid excess alcohol and caffeine
- Eat slowly and mindfully
As you know, I'm not a doctor so that's about as far as I can take it on diagnosing any health issues with your poop. If this topic interests you, Dr. Oz did a great segment on it and Paul Chek is admittedly an expert on it and shares tips for pooping better!
While you may not like to talk about it, please do get the scoop on poop!