How are you feeling reading those words?
How are you feeling now?
Our FIT4MOM Word of the Month is Positive Energy. Ok, two words for this month. But we hope they are two words that you bring in to your daily life. As a mom, you set the tone for your family. The things you say, do and think all create energy. Your energy is contagious. When you radiate positive energy, those around you will feel it and be moved by it. Like attracts like. If you don't like the energy in your family, have you taken a look at what you are putting out in to the world? To make room for positive energy, you need to release some of the old negative thoughts that may be weighing you down. Negative self talk will create stress and then a ripple effect on the rest of your day and your family. There are so many things in your life that you can't control. But you can always control how you react to those things. We need to be grateful even when things aren't going just right. When you are purposeful in your positive energy, you invite more positive energy in to your life.
Here are 5 ways to bring positive energy in to your life.
1) Music is a great way to set the energy around you. Create a favorite playlist of songs that will lift you up recharge you.
2) Read a positive book. Find a book that has daily affirmations or stories to help set your positive mood.
3) Positive Affirmations. Repeat a positive mantra to help put you in a purposeful state of energy. Think peace, health, happiness.
4) Exercise. It's pretty much a guarantee that exercise will elevate your mood and bring about your positive energy.
5) Give. When you give, it feeds your energy. Find ways in your day to give to someone else.
These strategies work but you must apply them every day. These are the lessons we must teach our children. Create notes around your home to remind you to act with love, positivity and appreciation each and every day. Make these changes and you will soon see yourself attracting that which you are putting out. One of the greatest gifts you can give your family is to create POSITIVE ENERGY!