Well it's about time! There is a day for just about everything so there definitely should be a run with your stroller day! National Stroller Running Day will be held annually on the second Saturday in November. It is a day when active parents everywhere declare their commitment to family fitness and living a healthy lifestyle.
Katie McFarland, an award winning fitness blogger of Moms Little Running Buddies, is the brain child behind National Stroller Running Day. She felt that a day should be dedicated to stroller runners and their commitment to living a healthy lifestyle with their families in tow. A winning team of industry leaders are supporting Katie in her efforts. FIT4MOM is proud to be a sponsor of National Stroller Running Day. But that is not all. Check out some of these wonderful sponsors...
· BOB, the leading manufacturer of high-quality strollers for active families.
· Lara Coffee, founder of Run Stroller Run, a family- and stroller-friendly race site that is your source for running races that allow parents to compete, jog or walk with their strollers (preferably jogging strollers).
· Pregnancy Awareness Month aims to empower pregnant women and new families with information, “how to” ideas and inspiration to incorporate PAM’s four key initiatives – education, exercise, nutrition & wellness and nurture – into their life routines and to show how easy it can be to make healthy changes in their lives, for themselves, and their children.
· Moms In Training is a flexible 10-week workout program throughout the US & Canada offered by The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society!
· Alysia Montaño is an Olympic 800m runner, World Indoor Medalist, 5-time USA Champion, Wife, new mother and is Living Life to the Fullest.
· Fit Pregnancy guides women through the most exciting ride of their life—becoming a mom.
We encourage stroller runners to join in by planning a run with other active parents, spreading the running bug with friends, signing up for a stroller-friendly and/or a family-friendly race, or just getting out and exercising with their family on Saturday, November 8th. The way we’ll know you’re participating is by posting on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to the hashtag #StrollerRun14. Check in with your local #FIT4MOM franchisee to see if they are hosting any special Stroller Strides classes.
Also, join us for a special Twitter party to kick off #StrollerRun14. Lot's of prizes and ways to learn about being a healthy active mom!
KICK-OFF #StrollerRun14 TWITTER PARTY
DATE: Tuesday, November 4, 2014
TIME: 9:00 PM – 10:00 PM EST (6:00 PM – 7:00 PM PST)