8 dark yolk (Omega 3 rich) eggs
4 slices gluten-free or sprouted grain toast
8 pieces wild caught smoked salmon
1 bunch fresh spinach, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Vegetable Wash
1 teaspoon coconut oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
2 teaspoons white or rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup light mayonnaise or non-dairy plain yogurt (vegan option)
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon organic Earth Balance
1 teaspoon sea salt and 1 teaspoon white pepper
2 tsp fresh dill
1) In a medium saucepan, bring 6 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat slightly and add in vinegar, which will help eggs congeal together.
2) Carefully crack and drop in one egg at a time. Poach eggs in batches of two at a time and cook for about 2 minutes each. Remove from water with a slotted spoon and set aside.
3) In a sauté pan, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil and cook garlic over medium heat. After about a minute, add fresh spinach and cook for 1 minute until spinach is just wilted. Set aside.
4) In a medium sized metal or glass bowl, whisk together all Hollandaise ingredient Except Earth Balance. Melt Earth Balance and whisk into remaining Hollandaise ingredients. Set aside. You can opt to heat Hollandaise mixture further in a small saucepan.
5) Toast bread and spread with a small amount of Earth Balance.
Here’s where the assembly begins…on a plate, layer 2 pieces of smoked salmon, spinach, two poached eggs and a dollop of Hollandaise. Top with a pinch of fresh dill and some cracked black pepper.
For more options to help you set up and plan your weekly meal, visit Eatcleaner.