Hi Readers! Don't you just love a meal that is healthy, hearty AND easy to make without a jillion random ingredients?! Yep, so do we at FIT4MOM. The easier the better, and the crock pot is very mom-crazy-life-schedule friendly. This one comes to us from the beautiful Mareya Ibrahim of http://eatcleaner.com/. Give it a try and let us know how you like it!!
- 1 Tbsp raw coconut oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 links your favorite chicken sausage, sliced into 1/4" coins
- (1) 32 oz container low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 bunch kale, washed with Eat Cleaner Fruit + Vegetable wash, stems and ribs removed, leaves chopped
- 2 Tbsp sundried tomato, chopped and reconstituted in 1/4 cup hot water
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp crushed garlic
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a saute pan, heat coconut oil and saute shallot until translucent. Add sausage and cook until just browned. Set aside.
In a crock pot, combine broth, beans, kale, sundried tomato with water and spices. Set on low and cook for about 3-4 hours. In the last hour, add chicken sausage shallot mixture. Serve hot and enjoy in good health!