It’s time for another mompreneur Monday! Get to know the amazing Jasmine Dailida, owner of FIT4MOM Bellevue & Mercer Island, who continues to be a shining force in her community.
MOMPRENEUR SPOTLIGHT: MEET Jasmine Dailida owner of FIT4MOM Bellevue & Mercer Island
Jasmine Dailida + Alysia Page
1. What inspired you to embark on the journey of owning a FIT4MOM franchise?
I was always a huge fan of FIT4MOM. I had been coming since my daughter was 6-weeks old and met some of my dearest friends at Stroller Strides. I was devastated to hear that one of our local franchises was closing due to COVID, so I decided to become the new owner and to save it!
2. How long have you owned your franchise?
I have owned FIT4MOM Bellevue & Mercer Island for one and a half years.
3. What appealed to you about the opportunity of opening a FIT4MOM franchise?
The idea of being able to own and operate a business that not only benefited me as a mother but also mentally and physically as an individual. The ripple effect that FIT4MOM has on others moms in our community is amazing and the fact that I get to help orchestrate that is truly the most humbling experience.
4. How has motherhood helped you become a mompreneur?
Well, if there is one thing that COVID and motherhood have in common, it's that: no one knows what they're doing and it's something new every day. So you just lead with love, compassion, try your best, and most importantly, go with the flow!
5. What did you do before becoming a FIT4MOM franchise owner?
I attended New York University and received my Master's in General & Special Education. I am a self-proclaimed, “eclectic educator” and have put my degree to good use by teaching and/or tutoring Preschool through High School. My most recent position was as a Program Director for a prominent private school in Bellevue, Wa.
6. How has being a FIT4MOM franchise owner helped you achieve your life or career goals?
I have always wanted to 1) own my own business and 2) truly have a career that is family-oriented and child-friendly. Being an owner has helped me to achieve both of these career goals.
7. How do your own values align with FIT4MOM?
As a minority woman, I am very passionate about equity, diversity, and representation. I have been working very hard to reach out to my BIPOC community to make sure that they know this village is truly for #allthemoms.
8. What classes do you offer?
We offer Stroller Strides, Strides 360 (coming Feb 2022!), Run Club, FIT4BABY, and Body Boost/Body Well.
9. Where do you hold your classes? How can people sign up to take a class?
Classes are currently held in Downtown Bellevue and at Luther Burbank Park on Mercer Island! Please click here for our latest schedule: https://bellevue.fit4mom.com/schedule.
10. Who are you a mom to?
I am a mom to Orion (5) and Cassiopeia (3).
11. What advice do you have for other mamas who want to be a mompreneur?
Go for it, mama! Don't worry about failure, worry about the opportunities you will miss if you never try...