Are you wondering if you should work out while pregnant? The answer is yes so long as you don't have any contraindications. The benefits of prenatal exercise are nothing short of amazing!
Exercise during pregnancy can help decrease or prevent:
- Excessive weight gain & postpartum weight retention
- Gestational diabetes, blood pressure, deep venous thrombosis
- Maternal discomforts such as nausea, leg cramps, varicose veins, swelling, back pain, constipation, insomnia, urinary incontinence, anxiety, depression
- Surgical or medical interventions in pregnancy
Exercise can help improve or increase:
- Cardiovascular fitness
- Muscular strength / endurance
- Energy levels during pregnancy
- Higher fatigue threshold
- Posture and biomechanics
- Self-esteem/sense of well-being
- Recovery time
Of course you should always get your doctor's permission before beginning an exercise regime. Overall, prenatal exercise will benefit both mom and baby!