Here we are, entering week 3 of the Summer Body Countdown. How's it going? Please don't get discouraged if you are off track. If it's important enough to you, you will do it. What's important is how you feel. Just get clear on your where you want to be at week 8 and then you will know how important it is to stick to the plan.
- Eat fiber rich meals. Fiber has the power to fill you up without filling you out! You are less likely to overeat if you feel full. Plus, fiber can reduce constipation, decrease cholesterol and can improve digestion. High fiber foods include choices like fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds.
- Eat healthy fats like nuts, seeds and avocado. MUFAs (Monounsaturated fats) raise good cholesterol, lower bad cholesterol and aid in burning belly fat. That's right, fat can help you burn fat! Imagine that! When you increase fat intake and decrease carbohydrate intake, you have a perfect fat burning balance. The key is in the balance.
-Drink 2-3 cups of green tea each day. Multiple studies show that green tea can increase your metabolism. Plus the powerful flavonids and antioxidants may reduce cancer risk.
- Workout in the morning. Studies show that you will burn more fat if you workout first thing in the morning. This is probably because your body taps in to your fat reserves since you have just come off a fasted state of sleeping. The other theory is that people who get more sunlight in the early morning have a boosted metabolism.
- Do 1 minute of oblique exercises each day. We tend to think of six packs (the rectus abdominis) when we do abs. But the obliques play a big role in your physique. Not only do they stabilize your body in almost every movement, they give you that tapered waistline we often desire. Follow us on Instagram for some oblique exercise ideas this week.
* Keep adding on from previous week!