I wrote this blog post in my mind during last weekend's half marathon. I think that more moms would run races if they realized all of the perks! Don't worry about being slow; you're still outrunning anyone on the couch!
1. It forces you to get your workout in! "Sorry honey, I need to train."
2. When else do you get people applauding you along the way?
3. Exhilaration. You will feel so amazing. Total runner's high!
4. Whether a 5k or 1/2 marathon, you can't help but feel proud.
5. Your fellow runners will support you and inspire you!
6. Cause. Many races raise money for charity.
7. Fitness. You'll get in great shape training for your race!
8. Medal. This little trinket is great proof of your hard work!
9. You are a great role model for your kids to get active.
10. Let's face it. It's time to yourself, for yourself.
So, pick a date, find a race and commit. Put one foot in front of the other and I'll see you at the finish line!